Cumbria football fans to receive discount train travel
Published at 10:48, Friday, 21 March 2014
FOOTBALL fans in Cumbria are set ot get a discount on train travel.
Virgin Trains are set to mark their arrival as main club sponsor with Carlisle United next season with a fantastic discount offer for Season Ticket holders on advance bookings of both Standard and First Class tickets.
Season Ticket holders who hold a valid Season Ticket for the 2014/15 campaign will enjoy 25 per cent discount on all bookings made via the Virgin Trains official travel booking website when using their unique client reference number to complete the transaction.
CUFC managing director John Nixon said: “Virgin Trains have worked very closely with the club over the last few months to put in place sponsorship packages for our first team shirts, travel and training kit, community projects and now for our Season Ticket holders. We have made significant positive steps forward for the club in a number of key areas thanks to the input of what is a major brand.”
Commercial director Dick Young said: “We feel that this is a fantastic offer which will add real value to our Season Ticket package for next season. Supporters will be able to use the discount whenever they travel, match days included, and we would like to thank everyone at Virgin Trains for making this possible. The relationship between the club and our main sponsor is going from strength to strength and it is magnificent that our fans will be able to enjoy real benefits from what is a very strong partnership.”
Sue Howarth, Virgin Trains’ Customer Experience Manager for Cumbria, said: “We want this partnership to deliver for fans and we hope they take full advantage of this offer, whether they’re travelling to and from away matches or just enjoying a break. With fast, hourly services to London, the West Midlands and Scotland, Virgin Trains offers the perfect way of getting round the UK in style. To get the best deal on tickets it’s worth booking in advance, when our cheapest fares are available.”
The 25 per cent discount offer will run for Season Ticket holders from August 1 to May 31 with confirmation of booking procedures to follow with issue of next season’s Season Ticket booklets.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|