Cumbria football fans to receive discount train travel
Published at 10:48, Friday, 21 March 2014
FOOTBALL fans in Cumbria are set ot get a discount on train travel.
Virgin Trains are set to mark their arrival as main club sponsor with Carlisle United next season with a fantastic discount offer for Season Ticket holders on advance bookings of both Standard and First Class tickets.
Season Ticket holders who hold a valid Season Ticket for the 2014/15 campaign will enjoy 25 per cent discount on all bookings made via the Virgin Trains official travel booking website when using their unique client reference number to complete the transaction.
CUFC managing director John Nixon said: “Virgin Trains have worked very closely with the club over the last few months to put in place sponsorship packages for our first team shirts, travel and training kit, community projects and now for our Season Ticket holders. We have made significant positive steps forward for the club in a number of key areas thanks to the input of what is a major brand.”
Commercial director Dick Young said: “We feel that this is a fantastic offer which will add real value to our Season Ticket package for next season. Supporters will be able to use the discount whenever they travel, match days included, and we would like to thank everyone at Virgin Trains for making this possible. The relationship between the club and our main sponsor is going from strength to strength and it is magnificent that our fans will be able to enjoy real benefits from what is a very strong partnership.”
Sue Howarth, Virgin Trains’ Customer Experience Manager for Cumbria, said: “We want this partnership to deliver for fans and we hope they take full advantage of this offer, whether they’re travelling to and from away matches or just enjoying a break. With fast, hourly services to London, the West Midlands and Scotland, Virgin Trains offers the perfect way of getting round the UK in style. To get the best deal on tickets it’s worth booking in advance, when our cheapest fares are available.”
The 25 per cent discount offer will run for Season Ticket holders from August 1 to May 31 with confirmation of booking procedures to follow with issue of next season’s Season Ticket booklets.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Mountain rescue team attend to fell walker with head injury in Lakes
- Man's body found on Barrow beach
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- UPDATE: Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Dog found on Cumbria mountain returns home
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Rare bird spotted in Furness (1 comment)
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|