Cumbria firm raises £50,000 to back local youth
Published at 16:39, Thursday, 28 February 2013
A FAMILY accountancy firm has raised a charity pot worth more than £50,000.
Lamont Pridmore first created the Community First Match Challenge in 2011 and with the addition of a £5,000 donation, the fund is now worth more than £50,000.
Managed by Cumbria Community Foundation, the Lamont Pridmore Fund will provide grants to organisations that work with children and young people in West Cumbria, helping to raise their aspiration and achievement.
Graham Lamont, chief executive of Lamont Pridmore, said: “Both myself and my son, Chris, who is also a partner at the firm, were born in West Cumbria and we wanted to give something back to our local communities.
“Working with the foundation means we can support the causes that we care about much more effectively and we are confident that our money is going to the best projects.”
Andy Beeforth, director of Cumbria Community Foundation, added: “We are delighted to be working with Graham and his staff, who like many Cumbrian businesses are committed to finding ways to help their community. This comes at a time when local charities need more support than ever.
“Anyone can establish a Community First Fund. The Match Challenge is a great way of securing additional income for causes that really matter.”
Visit www.cumbriafoundation.org for more inform-ation about the Community First Match Challenge or to apply to the fund.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE: Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (6 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|