Cumbria firefighters in road safety message
Last updated at 09:17, Friday, 06 June 2014
CUMBRIA Fire and Rescue Service is joining firefighters across the country for a week of activities promoting road safety.
The message of this year’s UK Road Safety Week is: ‘Be Safe Out There’ and Cumbria FRS is supporting the week through targetted activity of some of the most vulnerable road users.
It is taking place from Monday June 9 to Sunday June 15.
During the week, the service will be working to get road safety messages across to pedestrians, young drivers, cyclists and motorcyclists.
Nationally 420 pedestrians died in road accidents in 2012 and 25,218 pedestrians were injured in road accidents.
For more information on road safety, contact Simone Garnett, community safety officer, at email@example.com.
First published at 09:07, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (12 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (5 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- COOK double earns Barrow AFC share of the spoils
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|