Cumbria cycle team's Tower to Tower challenge
Last updated at 09:25, Tuesday, 22 April 2014
A TEAM of Cumbria Police officers based in Windermere and Kendal will cycle to and from two of the world’s most famous towers to show their support to local charities.
Nine South Lakes police officers and a Windermere businessman will cycle from Blackpool Tower to the Eiffel Tower, a distance of almost 600 miles, between June 23 and June 28.
The team is aiming to raise £10,000 for the North West Air Ambulance Service and the Royal Lancaster Infirmary Neonatal Unit.
The group’s progress can be followed on Facebook at: South Lakes Police Tower to Tower 2014.
The team is made up of six serving and three recently retired police officers: Paul Mellard, Mark Jacobs, Christine Nelson, Bill Nolan, Jonathan Sizer, Paul Latham, John Orr, Dave Banks, Ian Carruthers, and Windermere businessman Paul Liddell.
Donations to the charities can be made by clicking the links at the team’s Justgiving page: www.justgiving.com/teams/SLPT2T2014
First published at 09:19, Tuesday, 22 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|