Cumbria couples in collective renewal of wedding vows
Last updated at 17:01, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
TWENTY one couples from across a Cumbria parish have taken part in a collective renewal of their wedding vows.
Those taking part came from across the Two Valleys Parish and gathered together to reaffirm their marriage vows in Crosthwaite Church on Saturday.
Couples ranged from those who have been married for just four years to those who had passed 55 years of marriage.
The Rev'd Michael Woodcock, Priest-in-Charge of Crosthwaite, Cartmel Fell, Winster and Witherslack, said: “Collectively we worked out that we had achieved 721 years of marriage altogether.
“Thanks go to all those involved who made this into a very special occasion as we celebrated all that is good about marriage in today’s world.”
At the end of the service, refreshments of sparkling wine and homemade cakes were shared.
The Crosthwaite celebrations mirror others held across the Diocese of Carlisle to mark National Marriage Week.
First published at 16:56, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|