Cracking Cumbria Easter fun
Last updated at 14:41, Monday, 21 April 2014
CHILDREN had a cracking time this Easter with an extravaganza of fun and activities.
Little ones at Happy Tots Day Nursery took part in an Easter Egg hunt around their gardens in Barrow, sporting handmade bunny ears.
Pop sensations One Direction and a set of Angry Birds computer games characters were transformed into egg form for a school Easter competition.
Children from Chetwynde Primary School, in Barrow, held a decorated egg competition before the holidays as part of the Easter celebrations. There were 125 entries from Kindergarten to Year Six with very varied designs.
Pupils from Burlington CE Primary School also showed off their creative side when they decorated hard-boiled eggs in a school competition. Pupils in Reception up to Year Six took part.
Megan Coward was one of the winners with her Humpty Dumpty egg. Other designs included an egg fairy, an egg snowman and even an egg chimney sweep.
First published at 13:58, Monday, 21 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|