Cracking Cumbria Easter fun
Last updated at 14:41, Monday, 21 April 2014
CHILDREN had a cracking time this Easter with an extravaganza of fun and activities.
Little ones at Happy Tots Day Nursery took part in an Easter Egg hunt around their gardens in Barrow, sporting handmade bunny ears.
Pop sensations One Direction and a set of Angry Birds computer games characters were transformed into egg form for a school Easter competition.
Children from Chetwynde Primary School, in Barrow, held a decorated egg competition before the holidays as part of the Easter celebrations. There were 125 entries from Kindergarten to Year Six with very varied designs.
Pupils from Burlington CE Primary School also showed off their creative side when they decorated hard-boiled eggs in a school competition. Pupils in Reception up to Year Six took part.
Megan Coward was one of the winners with her Humpty Dumpty egg. Other designs included an egg fairy, an egg snowman and even an egg chimney sweep.
First published at 13:58, Monday, 21 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (35 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (32 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (26 comments)
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (42 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (15 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (89 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|