Court sets date for sentencing of Millom killer
Last updated at 09:09, Monday, 24 March 2014
A COURT has revealed the date a Millom man who axed his mother and sister to death will be sentenced.
John Jenkin, 24, did not appear at the hearing in Preston Crown Court on Friday.
The court was given a progress update on the case and reports made.
Jenkin, of Newton Street, Millom, will be sentenced this Friday.
He previously pleaded guilty to manslaughter with diminished responsibility at a hearing in Preston Crown Court earlier this month.
Jenkin killed his mother Alice McMeekin, 58, and 20-year-old sister Katie Jenkin in their home on June 8 last year.
First published at 09:07, Monday, 24 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|