Court sets date for sentencing of Millom killer
Last updated at 09:09, Monday, 24 March 2014
A COURT has revealed the date a Millom man who axed his mother and sister to death will be sentenced.
John Jenkin, 24, did not appear at the hearing in Preston Crown Court on Friday.
The court was given a progress update on the case and reports made.
Jenkin, of Newton Street, Millom, will be sentenced this Friday.
He previously pleaded guilty to manslaughter with diminished responsibility at a hearing in Preston Crown Court earlier this month.
Jenkin killed his mother Alice McMeekin, 58, and 20-year-old sister Katie Jenkin in their home on June 8 last year.
First published at 09:07, Monday, 24 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|