Court date fixed for Barrow trio on child abuse charges
Published at 09:54, Monday, 11 August 2014
THREE people at the centre of a probe into allegations of planning child abuse will appear in crown court next month.
Nikita Moore previously appeared at Preston Crown Court alongside husband and wife Kevin and Susan Barnett.
The trio all face charges relating to planning sexual offences against children under the age of 13.
Moore, of St Vincent Street, Barrow, is charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit serious sex offences against children under 13 between May and June this year.
The Barnetts, both 27, of Rawlinson Street, Barrow, are jointly charged with commissioning the rape of a girl under 13 on June 2.
The alleged offence is said to relate to text messages sent between the two.
Neither of the pair entered a plea when they appeared before Furness Magistrates’ Court on June 5.
Moore appeared 21 days later on June 26. The charges against her are also said to involve Kevin Barnett. Under UK guidelines each of the trio could face up to five years’ imprisonment should they plead guilty or be found guilty following a trial.
At the preliminary hearing at Preston on Monday, a court date was set for the trio of September 29 at Burnley Crown Court before Judge Graham Knowles.
If they plead not guilty, a five-day trial is set to take place in Preston Crown Court with Judge Knowles from March 2.
Preston Crown Court’s listings office said no plea will be taken until the September hearing, which will then dictate the case.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- UPDATE: Man named as Windermere murder investigation continues
- Police investigating fail to stop road traffic collision in Barrow
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- Barrow teen hid bat in his shorts while on plant food
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal
- Sacrifices may be needed to save Cumbria maternity services
- Cumbria bus strike threat looms if talks over working hours fail
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- Barrow woman attacked husband after cider-drinking binge
- Barrow karate kid is magic on the mat: WITH PICTURE GALLERY
- Junior girls football league seeking to build on strong campaign
- Barrow ASC earn Diddy League title
- Cents bid to end their final hoodoo
- Furness ace Natasha scores hole-in-one
- Dalton chef Dave serves up a golfing treat
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|