Courageous Barrow boy is so loving
Last updated at 14:42, Friday, 13 December 2013
A LITTLE Barrow lad who does not let his disability stand in his way has been nominated for a Christmas award.
• Brave Barrow boy fought back from the brink
• Three-year-old Walney girl with hole in her heart ‘an inspiration to us all’
• Caring and creative Barrow girl is supporting hospice
• Kind Ulverston girl Madeline cares for mum
• Caring Barrow girl baked hundreds of charity cakes
• Barrow boy inspired to help others
• Brave Cumbria girl Katie up for Evening Mail award
• Football-loving Barrow boy Ryan took 18 hours of surgery in his stride
• Young carers from Barrow show great courage
• Doctors amazed by Barrow boy Ethan’s progress
• Bubbly Barrow girl Casey, four, is ‘the most adorable little girl in the world’
• Generous Barrow boy Jake gives up his toys for others
• Brave Jessica is nominated as a true Christmas star in Barrow
Kenzie Hill has been put forward to be one of two Evening Mail Christmas Stars by his granddad, Alan Kyte.
The Barrow lad, who turned five this week, was born with a deformed right hand.
Kenzie has attended Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, to check on his hand and he may have to undergo a skin graft as he gets older if the skin on his hand gets too tight.
His mum Tammy Kyte, 32, of Barrow Island, said: “I’m so proud of Kenzie. He copes with his disability just fine, he did not know any different. He has started to notice that he is different from other children now but it does not bother him.
“He is a very loving boy.”
Miss Kyte said Kenzie is being assessed to see whether he may have Asperger syndrome.
The Evening Mail has teamed up with Heath’s Toymaster in Barrow to find the area’s most inspirational boy and girl who have shown great courage or selflessness.
Our two Christmas Stars will win a visit from Father Christmas along with a host of festive gifts.
First published at 11:03, Monday, 09 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|