Blues funk guitarist to play Ambleside venue
Last updated at 12:37, Thursday, 31 July 2014
LATINO guitarist Howard Haigh brings his latest band, The Men of The Hour, to Zeffirelli’s on Friday night.
The well-travelled musician appears regularly at the Ambleside venue and returns with his incendiary mix of Latin, blues, funk, Afro-inspired music.
The Lancaster-based performer, who has toured around the world as a solo artist and with bands Ole and The Gene Pool Survivors, has played for the Queen, as well as making a number of appearances at festivals such as WOMAD and the Cambridge Folk Festival.
The flexible line-up sees harmonica player and vocalist Ben Ruth, Rick Middleton on ukulele and bass, Gill Hancock on saxophone, and Sam King Middleton Xtof Lheureux sharing percussion duties
The show, upstairs from the cinema, starts at 8.30pm and entrance is free.
First published at 09:54, Thursday, 31 July 2014
Published by http://www.cumbrialive.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Headteacher probe at Silloth school continuing
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Carlisle will help determine the next Government (7 comments)
- Brampton pupils to help out in orphanage during Tanzania trip
- Corrective Tattooist Makes-Up £500 Donation
- A New Kind of Committee (4 comments)
- Charity pot gets welcome boost
- Ofsted rates Carlisle nursery outstanding again
- Police warning after temperatures plunge across Cumbria
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|