Closures on northbound M6 for bridge repairs south of Tebay
Last updated at 12:46, Monday, 31 March 2014
TEMPORARY closures are hitting a major motorway as bridge repairs south of Tebay are carried out this week.
Drivers using the northbound M6 in Cumbria have been advised that a section of the road will be closed tonight and tomorrow night.
The work is to replace a worn expansion joint on a bridge which carries the road over the River Lune at Roundthwaite, between junction 37, at Kendal, and junction 38, at Tebay.
It will be carried out between 8pm and 6am to avoid disruption.
Although the work is taking place between junctions 37 and 38, the northbound motorway will be closed between junction 36 at Kirkby Lonsdale and junction 38 - and the diversion from junction 36 will take take traffic back onto the motorway at junction 39 at Shap.
Late evening and overnight drivers in Sedburgh and Kendal used to accessing the northbound M6 at junction 37 should use the northbound A6 instead.
First published at 12:23, Monday, 31 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Supporters uphold Lancashire tradition (61 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|