Chatty Man Alan Carr brings his stand up act to Millom
Last updated at 06:01, Saturday, 22 February 2014
CHATTY Man’ Alan Carr will bring his stand up act to Millom in another coup for a small local theatre.
The prime time chat show host and stand up comedian will perform two nights at The Beggar’s Theatre in Market Square, adding his name to an enviable list of talented stars.
Mr Carr is currently the host of ‘Chatty Man’ on Channel Four and was co-host of The Friday Night Project. He has also released several stand up DVDs.
Jakki Moore, owner of Moore Arts: Millom, which runs the theatre, has brought TV comedians Jon Richardson, Josh Widdecombe and Patrick Monahan to the venue in the past.
She said: “Everyone who performs has gone away and said they have had a really nice time at the Beggars. They tell their friends and it builds our reputation.
“It is all about looking at our audience and pushing and expanding it. We need to keep the audiences up to attract new names.
Ms Moore, a former colleague of Mr Carr, says she is a big fan of his comedy.
She said: “I love his comedy. He really is sharp as a button and he is a lovely character.
“I love an energetic comedian and he is someone who can just reel it off the tongue. He is a massive name off the TV which is great for the Beggar’s.”
With more than 20 years experience in the comedy business, Ms Moore has also worked with Mr Carr.
She said: “I did work for Alan at the beginning of his career at his show in Edinburgh Festival. He is a lovely guy. I do keep up going to the shows and it is a good way to keep in touch with all the top comedians.”
Mr Carr will be performing his latest show Work in Progress on Friday February 28 and Saturday March 1.
Visit www.beggarstheatre.co.uk for more information.
First published at 17:02, Thursday, 16 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Time for referendum on Britain's relationship with Europe (14 comments)
- Hawcoat squeeze past battling Askam
- Moment of truth as finishing line nears
- Home in on the problem
- Entertainers show talents
- Lakes got Talent - Ulverston auditions
- Hospital needs strong bosses
- Walney must bounce back against Leigh
- Man smacked bottoms of boys he met in Barrow park
- Meet the three Rs of rubbish... reducing, reusing and recycling
- 50 years of Barrow nuclear submarine building (3 comments)
- No title
- Fire crew battle Grizebeck blaze
- Man appears in court over Barrow assault (34 comments)
- Grizebeck pub saved from closure to appear in TV show
- Beached whale shocks passer-by on Barrow beach (2 comments)
- No title
- No title
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|