Chatty Man Alan Carr brings his stand up act to Millom
Last updated at 06:01, Saturday, 22 February 2014
CHATTY Man’ Alan Carr will bring his stand up act to Millom in another coup for a small local theatre.
The prime time chat show host and stand up comedian will perform two nights at The Beggar’s Theatre in Market Square, adding his name to an enviable list of talented stars.
Mr Carr is currently the host of ‘Chatty Man’ on Channel Four and was co-host of The Friday Night Project. He has also released several stand up DVDs.
Jakki Moore, owner of Moore Arts: Millom, which runs the theatre, has brought TV comedians Jon Richardson, Josh Widdecombe and Patrick Monahan to the venue in the past.
She said: “Everyone who performs has gone away and said they have had a really nice time at the Beggars. They tell their friends and it builds our reputation.
“It is all about looking at our audience and pushing and expanding it. We need to keep the audiences up to attract new names.
Ms Moore, a former colleague of Mr Carr, says she is a big fan of his comedy.
She said: “I love his comedy. He really is sharp as a button and he is a lovely character.
“I love an energetic comedian and he is someone who can just reel it off the tongue. He is a massive name off the TV which is great for the Beggar’s.”
With more than 20 years experience in the comedy business, Ms Moore has also worked with Mr Carr.
She said: “I did work for Alan at the beginning of his career at his show in Edinburgh Festival. He is a lovely guy. I do keep up going to the shows and it is a good way to keep in touch with all the top comedians.”
Mr Carr will be performing his latest show Work in Progress on Friday February 28 and Saturday March 1.
Visit www.beggarstheatre.co.uk for more information.
First published at 17:02, Thursday, 16 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|