UPDATE: CCTV released and community search for man last seen in Bowness
Last updated at 16:46, Friday, 04 April 2014
POLICE have released CCTV images showing the last confirmed sightings of missing man Matthew Jordan in Bowness.
Mr Jordan, 20, from the Middlesbrough area, was visiting Bowness with three friends and was last seen in the early hours of Thursday March 27 following a night out.
Detective Inspector Furzana Nazir said: "We are releasing these images in the hope that this jogs someone’s memory, did you see someone that looked like Matthew on this night? No matter how irrelevant you may believe your information is, we would like to hear from you.
“Matthew’s family and friends have been here since the day he was reported missing. We have detectives, local officers, underwater search teams, mountain rescue and search dogs all trying to find him.
“The response from the local area in assisting with our enquiries is heart-warming and everyone wants the end result of Matthew being reunited with his family safe and well.”
Part one of the CCTV images show Mr Jordan leaving his friends who were at the Stag’s Head at 0.26am and walking off in the direction of Church Street towards the Lake Road promenade.
The second part is following Mr Jordan’s return and shows him sitting outside the same pub. He then heads off down Church Street at 0.44am - this is the last confirmed sighting of Mr Jordan.
A community search for missing person Matthew Jordan will also take place tomorrow in Bowness.
Police will be joined by many of Mr Jordan’s family and friends as they search the area he went missing from.
Police search advisors will be present to offer expert advice and to co-ordinate the search effort.
Mr Jordan is described as 6ft tall, of medium build, with dark brown hair. He was last seen wearing a navy long sleeved shirt, jeans and grey pull up boots.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 as soon as possible and ask for the duty sergeant at Windermere. Or you can call Missing People in confidence on 116 000.
First published at 13:57, Friday, 04 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I would like to come with my dog and help tomorrow
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid