Cash wins are leaving readers feeling grand
Published at 15:48, Monday, 13 January 2014
TWO lucky Evening Mail readers have been given a January bonus – winning our competition to fill their cars with £50 worth of fuel.
Tony Walker, of West Shore Park, Walney, was thrilled to be the latest winner of the fuel competition.
And the shocked 59-year-old admitted he didn’t even know that his wife had entered on his behalf.
“Being a regular reader of the Evening Mail, I was delighted to find out I had won the £50 fuel prize.
“I wasn’t aware I had entered; it was my wife who applied for it. It was the first time we had put in for it and we only went and won!
“It is a lovely little present to be given after Christmas – and with the price of petrol these days it is a nice treat.
“I would advise anyone to apply, you never know what may happen.”
Our second lucky £50 fuel winner was Jenny Hodgson, of Broom Close, Broughton.
Don’t forget you can also win £1,000, plus three runners-up prizes of £100, in our fantastic Kickstart competition.
Each day until January 18 we will be printing Kickstart tokens in the Evening Mail.
Once you have attached eight tokens to the coupon you can send in your completed form for a chance to win a share of the cash.
See page 12 of today’s edition for full details.
l THIS week our Memories competition was won by Anne Hall of Coniston.
The correct answer was 1292.
The Straits tickets have been won by D Curwen of High Bank, Dalton. The correct answer was Romeo and Juliet.
The Drifters tickets have been won by Donna Hoggarth of Corney, Bootle. The correct answer was 1953.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together