Cash boost for Copeland
Last updated at 10:52, Monday, 31 March 2014
COMMUNITY projects and good causes across a borough are set to receive a cash boost of more than £20,000.
Cumbria County Council’s Copeland Committee granted a total of £20,240 to various projects supported by councillors.
The money comes from five different councillors’ Local Member Scheme allocations - a funding stream that gives each local member sum of money to support projects in their division.
Cllr Frank Morgan, chair of Copeland Local Committee, said: "This funding will make a huge difference to all these very worthwhile good causes.
“It's vital we continue to invest and continually improve our communities, as well as to teach new skills or help people discover new interests."
One group seeing a share of the money are those at the Millom Rugby Union Club, who are to receive £390 to buy housing for a defibrillator.
First published at 10:41, Monday, 31 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Woman sought in Barrow shoplifting investigation
- Ulverston toilet debate continues
- Barrow hospital chef to appear on TV with celebrity chef James Martin
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Barrow street attacks surge sparks police alert (2 comments)
- Archbishop of York John Sentamu to visit Barrow
- Dinghy and boat trailer stolen from Ambleside
- Labour by-election victory gives party new confidence
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Trophy triumph for Vickerstown (1 comment)
- Ormsgill beat Millom to reach final:with picture gallery
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory:with picture gallery (20 comments)
- Rochdale run riot against Barrow Raiders:with picture gallery
- Barrow cricketer smashes world record (2 comments)
- REMEMBER WHEN: The Woolveridge brothers bossed Furness RL
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker