Cars are the stars at motoring extravaganza
Last updated at 09:59, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
OWNERS of classic and vintage cars, hot hatches, superminis and high performance sports cars are being invited to the Lakeland Motor Museum for a special ‘drive and ride-in day’ on Sunday.
A similar event in April saw more than 100 motor cars and motorcycles come together to provide a diverse display of favourite marques at the Backbarrow attraction. That event was restricted to pre-1990 vehicles, but this time around, the day is being broadened out for proud owners of more recent sports and performance cars to indulge their passion too.
There’s no need to book, and plenty of free parking for owners to display their pride and joy. Participating drivers and their passengers will receive vouchers for half-price admission to the museum itself.
Edwin Maher, director at the Lakeland Motor Museum, says: “Our drive and ride-in days are always very popular, attracting an array of iconic styles from the 20th century and bringing together people with a shared passion and appreciation for these magnificent machines.
“This time, we’re also inviting more recent sports and high-performance cars, to give people a real mix of the old and new – it should be a real eye-opener for some of our younger visitors in particular.”
Vehicles will be welcomed from 9.30am to 4.30pm on Sunday.
First published at 16:29, Monday, 01 September 2014
Published by http://www.cumbrialive.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with Oxford win: with picture gallery (10 comments)
- McBanned - Barrow drunk's fast food reprimand (4 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|