Caring and creative Barrow girl is supporting hospice
Last updated at 14:42, Friday, 13 December 2013
A CREATIVE Barrow girl who has raised money for charity in her great auntie’s memory has been put forward for a Christmas award.
• Brave Barrow boy fought back from the brink
• Three-year-old Walney girl with hole in her heart ‘an inspiration to us all’
• Caring and creative Barrow girl is supporting hospice
• Courageous Barrow boy is so loving
• Kind Ulverston girl Madeline cares for mum
• Caring Barrow girl baked hundreds of charity cakes
• Barrow boy inspired to help others
• Brave Cumbria girl Katie up for Evening Mail award
• Football-loving Barrow boy Ryan took 18 hours of surgery in his stride
• Young carers from Barrow show great courage
• Doctors amazed by Barrow boy Ethan’s progress
• Bubbly Barrow girl Casey, four, is ‘the most adorable little girl in the world’
• Generous Barrow boy Jake gives up his toys for others
• Brave Jessica is nominated as a true Christmas star in Barrow
Evie Moscrop is busy raising money for St Mary’s Hospice by making and selling cheerful fridge magnets.
So far the 10-year-old from Barrow has raised £70 with her brightly-designed magnets, which she has sold to friends and family and to people at her mum’s slimming class.
Evie, a pupil at St James’ CE Junior School, fundraises in memory of her treasured great auntie, Christine Mason, of Barrow, who died in May.
Evie’s mum Leanne Moscrop, 33, of Franklin Street, said: “After losing a treasured family member earlier this year to cancer Evie wanted to raise money for the hospice to give something back and honour the memory of our dear auntie.
“She cares very deeply for others and is very compassionate for a girl of her age. The magnets she makes are very pretty and brightly coloured and instantly cheer people up.
“Evie also took part in a 5k walk this summer in aid of Cancer Research. We are so very proud of her.”
The Evening Mail has teamed up with Heath’s Toymaster in Barrow to find the area’s most inspirational boy and girl who have shown great courage or selflessness.
Our two Christmas Stars will win a visit from Father Christmas along with a host of festive gifts.
First published at 16:41, Monday, 09 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|