Businesses should try hand at award
Published at 16:15, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
A RALLYING call has been made for West Cumbrian businesses to put themselves forward for a Cumbria awards ceremony.
West Cumbria Tourism is urging businesses in the Western Lake District to enter this year’s Cumbria Tourism Awards.
The Cumbria Tourism Awards 2013 take place on June 11 at the Rheged Centre, Penrith, and is a celebration of Cumbria’s tourism industry and the talented individuals behind it.
Winners at the awards will go on to represent the county at the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence in 2014.
Katie Read, West Cumbria Tourism manager, is encouraging Western Lake District businesses to make the most of this opportunity to showcase their area.
She said: “The Cumbria Tourism Awards celebrate the very best of what Cumbria has to offer and I believe that we have a lot of potential award winners here in the Western Lake District.
“This is our chance to put the spotlight on our area and its businesses on a local, possibly national stage, so we urge our businesses to consider entering.
“Previous winners of the awards have benefited hugely from the publicity they have received as a result, so this could be an incredibly valuable opportunity for the Western Lake District.”
The closing date for entries is March 13.
Visit www.cumbriatourism.org/business-support/awards.aspx to find out how to enter or for more information on the awards.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow man arrested in connection with alleged harassment
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Family of man killed in Barrow crash pay tribute to “fun loving character” (21 comments)
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- No title
- Wash day with a little blue bag
- Malcolm Wilson Rally
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|