Businesses should try hand at award
Published at 16:15, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
A RALLYING call has been made for West Cumbrian businesses to put themselves forward for a Cumbria awards ceremony.
West Cumbria Tourism is urging businesses in the Western Lake District to enter this year’s Cumbria Tourism Awards.
The Cumbria Tourism Awards 2013 take place on June 11 at the Rheged Centre, Penrith, and is a celebration of Cumbria’s tourism industry and the talented individuals behind it.
Winners at the awards will go on to represent the county at the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence in 2014.
Katie Read, West Cumbria Tourism manager, is encouraging Western Lake District businesses to make the most of this opportunity to showcase their area.
She said: “The Cumbria Tourism Awards celebrate the very best of what Cumbria has to offer and I believe that we have a lot of potential award winners here in the Western Lake District.
“This is our chance to put the spotlight on our area and its businesses on a local, possibly national stage, so we urge our businesses to consider entering.
“Previous winners of the awards have benefited hugely from the publicity they have received as a result, so this could be an incredibly valuable opportunity for the Western Lake District.”
The closing date for entries is March 13.
Visit www.cumbriatourism.org/business-support/awards.aspx to find out how to enter or for more information on the awards.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|