Over 200 toys delivered to Barrow Foodbank
Last updated at 16:00, Thursday, 20 March 2014
OVER 200 children’s toys have been delivered to the Barrow Foodbank to improve the lives of working families in the town.
FedEx, a global courier business, delivered 236 toys donated by Jakks Pacific, along with food packages, to the centre in Abbey Road.
It is hoped that the toys will brighten up the lives of children and families who are going through a time of crisis.
Altogether, FedEx has delivered more than 8,000 children’s toys to 36 Trussell Trust Foodbanks across the UK, as part of its FedEx Cares initiative.
Each foodbank received 236 donated toys including princess dolls, car alarm sets and racing starter packs.
“We are really proud to be once again working alongside the Trussell Trust,” said Trevor Hoyle, vice president of Operations FedEx UK & Ireland.
“It is such a worthwhile cause and we are glad our involvement can help children and families across the UK in times of difficulty”.
First published at 13:17, Tuesday, 11 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (2 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (3 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|