Building work starts at 66-house scheme in Barrow
Last updated at 14:26, Friday, 27 April 2012
WORK has begun on a multi-million pound housing development.
Sixty-six new homes will be created on the site, named St James’s Gardens, in Holker Street, Barrow – with around 150 registrations of interest already.
Some of the properties could be finished by the end of the summer, with the project expected to take three years to complete.
The development is being carried out by the Holker Group, Manchester-based Brookhouse Homes, and Ulverston-based Modlar Homes.
Duncan Peake, chief executive of Holker Group, said there had already been a lot of interest in the houses.
He said: “As you can see, we have just started.
“We were waiting for all the pre-commencement planning conditions to be met, and this has now been dealt with.
“We hope the first houses will be ready for release by the late summer.
“We have had around 150 registrations of interest so far.
“The sales are being dealt with by Corrie and Co, so anybody interested should contact them. We will also be launching our own website shortly.
“Holker Street is quite a busy road and I think a lot of people have noticed what is going on.
“The phone has been ringing, we have a note of all those interested and we will be sending out information to all those people registered.
“We anticipate this is going to be about a 36-month project.”
Corrie and Co owner David Corrie said the two and three-bedroomed houses would be priced in the region of £110,000 and upwards.
He said: “We have got well over 150 on our mailing list and I think it is just because there has hardly been any new builds in Barrow at this level for some time.
“It will create a lot of activity and a lot of these houses are within the grasp of first-time buyers.”
The plot is to the north of Holker Street, opposite Barrow AFC’s Furness Building Society Stadium, and backs on to the railway line.
First published at 13:39, Friday, 27 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|