Bringing two-times world pool champ to Barrow club a masterstroke
Last updated at 08:59, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
TWO-TIMES world pool champion Mick Hill chalked up a memorable night for fans of the green baize game in Barrow.
Cue-master Mr Hill had players enthralled by his skills on the table as he took on the Barrow and District Wednesday Pool League’s top performers and all-comers during their presentation night at the Red River Club.
The Leeds-based 33-year-old was invited to the event by one of the town’s best players, Irish international Denis Horan.
Mr Horan said: “It was a great night, it was presentation night for the Wednesday League.
“Everybody enjoyed it. It was great to have a player of his calibre in our area.
“It is nice for the players to come and see someone of his quality, who can put the cue ball where he wants on the table and show us all the shots.”
During his visit Mr Hill faced the league’s aggregate winner, individual singles winner, and the league’s doubles winners, and he later took on all challengers. Mr Hill enjoyed his time so much that he was still playing until 12.45am.
“The atmosphere was relaxed, he was having a good laugh with the crowd,” added Mr Horan.
“Everybody enjoyed it, there was a good bit of banter.
“He is a thoroughly nice lad and it was a really nice night. We will definitely get him again in a couple of years.”
As well as claiming two world crowns, Mr Hill has been European champion twice, European masters champion and an International Pool Association winner.
First published at 08:45, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business today
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|