Bringing two-times world pool champ to Barrow club a masterstroke
Last updated at 08:59, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
TWO-TIMES world pool champion Mick Hill chalked up a memorable night for fans of the green baize game in Barrow.
Cue-master Mr Hill had players enthralled by his skills on the table as he took on the Barrow and District Wednesday Pool League’s top performers and all-comers during their presentation night at the Red River Club.
The Leeds-based 33-year-old was invited to the event by one of the town’s best players, Irish international Denis Horan.
Mr Horan said: “It was a great night, it was presentation night for the Wednesday League.
“Everybody enjoyed it. It was great to have a player of his calibre in our area.
“It is nice for the players to come and see someone of his quality, who can put the cue ball where he wants on the table and show us all the shots.”
During his visit Mr Hill faced the league’s aggregate winner, individual singles winner, and the league’s doubles winners, and he later took on all challengers. Mr Hill enjoyed his time so much that he was still playing until 12.45am.
“The atmosphere was relaxed, he was having a good laugh with the crowd,” added Mr Horan.
“Everybody enjoyed it, there was a good bit of banter.
“He is a thoroughly nice lad and it was a really nice night. We will definitely get him again in a couple of years.”
As well as claiming two world crowns, Mr Hill has been European champion twice, European masters champion and an International Pool Association winner.
First published at 08:45, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|