‘Brilliant achievement’ for Expro
Last updated at 13:59, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A NEW renewables team at an Ulverston manufacturer has won a significant contract.
Expro Connectors & Measurements’ new renewable division has been awarded an important order by Alstom – a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure.
The Expro team will partner with Alstom to develop a cable connection and management system to be deployed on an ocean energy project.
Expro will be supplying its market-leading SpecTRON, DigiTRON and FoeTRON wet mateable products alongside a cable connection system and termination head, as well as cable protection and aftermarket services for site cable termination.
This system will provide the subsea connection between the power export cable and the energy converter device.
Rob Wyatt, team leader of Expro’s renewable division, said: “This is all the equipment the client will need to make the connection between the subsea cable and the generator.”
Expro’s renewable division was set up in 2011 in a bid to tap into the exploding industry that is wind, wave and tidal energy.
Expro’s existing products, which are recognised across the world, will only need minor modifications in order to be used in offshore marine renewable developments.
Trevor Thistlethwaite, Expro’s C&M renewable business manager, said: “This order demonstrates Alstom’s confidence in our skills and expertise to deliver a complete connection package.
“The renewable industry has seen something of a surge in terms of development; and it is Expro’s aim to support such innovation with our proven subsea products. The new division was created in a bid to set ourselves as the market leaders and to receive such an important order is a brilliant achievement.”
First published at 13:04, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|