‘Brilliant achievement’ for Expro
Last updated at 13:59, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A NEW renewables team at an Ulverston manufacturer has won a significant contract.
Expro Connectors & Measurements’ new renewable division has been awarded an important order by Alstom – a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure.
The Expro team will partner with Alstom to develop a cable connection and management system to be deployed on an ocean energy project.
Expro will be supplying its market-leading SpecTRON, DigiTRON and FoeTRON wet mateable products alongside a cable connection system and termination head, as well as cable protection and aftermarket services for site cable termination.
This system will provide the subsea connection between the power export cable and the energy converter device.
Rob Wyatt, team leader of Expro’s renewable division, said: “This is all the equipment the client will need to make the connection between the subsea cable and the generator.”
Expro’s renewable division was set up in 2011 in a bid to tap into the exploding industry that is wind, wave and tidal energy.
Expro’s existing products, which are recognised across the world, will only need minor modifications in order to be used in offshore marine renewable developments.
Trevor Thistlethwaite, Expro’s C&M renewable business manager, said: “This order demonstrates Alstom’s confidence in our skills and expertise to deliver a complete connection package.
“The renewable industry has seen something of a surge in terms of development; and it is Expro’s aim to support such innovation with our proven subsea products. The new division was created in a bid to set ourselves as the market leaders and to receive such an important order is a brilliant achievement.”
First published at 13:04, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|