‘Brilliant achievement’ for Expro
Last updated at 13:59, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A NEW renewables team at an Ulverston manufacturer has won a significant contract.
Expro Connectors & Measurements’ new renewable division has been awarded an important order by Alstom – a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure.
The Expro team will partner with Alstom to develop a cable connection and management system to be deployed on an ocean energy project.
Expro will be supplying its market-leading SpecTRON, DigiTRON and FoeTRON wet mateable products alongside a cable connection system and termination head, as well as cable protection and aftermarket services for site cable termination.
This system will provide the subsea connection between the power export cable and the energy converter device.
Rob Wyatt, team leader of Expro’s renewable division, said: “This is all the equipment the client will need to make the connection between the subsea cable and the generator.”
Expro’s renewable division was set up in 2011 in a bid to tap into the exploding industry that is wind, wave and tidal energy.
Expro’s existing products, which are recognised across the world, will only need minor modifications in order to be used in offshore marine renewable developments.
Trevor Thistlethwaite, Expro’s C&M renewable business manager, said: “This order demonstrates Alstom’s confidence in our skills and expertise to deliver a complete connection package.
“The renewable industry has seen something of a surge in terms of development; and it is Expro’s aim to support such innovation with our proven subsea products. The new division was created in a bid to set ourselves as the market leaders and to receive such an important order is a brilliant achievement.”
First published at 13:04, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- SLIDESHOW: Glittering anniversary party for Barrow arts venue
- Housing plan could have cost Cumbria councillor her seat
- UPDATE: Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Cumbria police mobile phone snoop shock
- Cumbria shootings - five years on
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair
- Spare cash on rise in West Cumbria
- Accused Barrow AFC fans discover final verdict in pitch disorder case
- Emergency services deal with A590 crash
- Road blocks due to fallen trees in Cumbria
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Second spot ‘like winning the lottery’ for Bjergfelt
- Clancy happy to see Tour come back to Barrow
- Chris lays down the Law
- Millom ace Hawdon hails 'brilliant' Barrow Tour Series
- North Walney better than South Walney - it's official: with picture gallery
- Magnificent seven for Dalton
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers