‘Brilliant achievement’ for Expro
Last updated at 13:59, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A NEW renewables team at an Ulverston manufacturer has won a significant contract.
Expro Connectors & Measurements’ new renewable division has been awarded an important order by Alstom – a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure.
The Expro team will partner with Alstom to develop a cable connection and management system to be deployed on an ocean energy project.
Expro will be supplying its market-leading SpecTRON, DigiTRON and FoeTRON wet mateable products alongside a cable connection system and termination head, as well as cable protection and aftermarket services for site cable termination.
This system will provide the subsea connection between the power export cable and the energy converter device.
Rob Wyatt, team leader of Expro’s renewable division, said: “This is all the equipment the client will need to make the connection between the subsea cable and the generator.”
Expro’s renewable division was set up in 2011 in a bid to tap into the exploding industry that is wind, wave and tidal energy.
Expro’s existing products, which are recognised across the world, will only need minor modifications in order to be used in offshore marine renewable developments.
Trevor Thistlethwaite, Expro’s C&M renewable business manager, said: “This order demonstrates Alstom’s confidence in our skills and expertise to deliver a complete connection package.
“The renewable industry has seen something of a surge in terms of development; and it is Expro’s aim to support such innovation with our proven subsea products. The new division was created in a bid to set ourselves as the market leaders and to receive such an important order is a brilliant achievement.”
First published at 13:04, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|