‘Brilliant achievement’ for Expro
Last updated at 13:59, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
A NEW renewables team at an Ulverston manufacturer has won a significant contract.
Expro Connectors & Measurements’ new renewable division has been awarded an important order by Alstom – a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure.
The Expro team will partner with Alstom to develop a cable connection and management system to be deployed on an ocean energy project.
Expro will be supplying its market-leading SpecTRON, DigiTRON and FoeTRON wet mateable products alongside a cable connection system and termination head, as well as cable protection and aftermarket services for site cable termination.
This system will provide the subsea connection between the power export cable and the energy converter device.
Rob Wyatt, team leader of Expro’s renewable division, said: “This is all the equipment the client will need to make the connection between the subsea cable and the generator.”
Expro’s renewable division was set up in 2011 in a bid to tap into the exploding industry that is wind, wave and tidal energy.
Expro’s existing products, which are recognised across the world, will only need minor modifications in order to be used in offshore marine renewable developments.
Trevor Thistlethwaite, Expro’s C&M renewable business manager, said: “This order demonstrates Alstom’s confidence in our skills and expertise to deliver a complete connection package.
“The renewable industry has seen something of a surge in terms of development; and it is Expro’s aim to support such innovation with our proven subsea products. The new division was created in a bid to set ourselves as the market leaders and to receive such an important order is a brilliant achievement.”
First published at 13:04, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing from police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|