Bootle woman escapes injury after being kicked by horse
Last updated at 11:28, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
AN EXPERIENCED horse rider who was airlifted to hospital after being kicked by a horse escaped with only bruises.
Clare North, in her 40s, who lives near Bootle, was kicked in the leg by the horse yesterday at Cumbrian Heavy Horses, in Chappels Farm, near Millom.
The incident occured in the yard during early afternoon, and Ms North was taken away by the ambulance at about 1.45pm.
She is now at home recovering after tests at Furness General Hospital revealed there was no serious damage.
Annie Rose, the owner of Heavy Horses, said: “She’s a very experienced horse rider but occasionally these things will happen.
“She was laughing and in good spirits when taken away by the air ambulance.
“She owns her own horses and is a senior member of staff so it was a bit of a surprirse.”
First published at 11:19, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|