Body found during search for missing fell runner in Lake District
Last updated at 13:15, Monday, 30 April 2012
A search helicopter has found the body of a man in the Lake District.
A 63-year-old man was reported missing at 7.50pm yesterday after failing to return to his hotel following the Buttermere Fell Run.
Mountain rescue, search and rescue teams and the police searched the area until it got dark last night.
The search continued this morning when the body was found at 9.43am.
It has not been confirmed that this is the body of the missing man.
Formal identification will take place later today.
First published at 11:54, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Disabled Barrow man ‘happy’ as attackers sent to prison
- UPDATE: Cumbria road re-opens after crash, man taken to hospital with serious injuries
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|