Body found during search for missing fell runner in Lake District
Last updated at 13:15, Monday, 30 April 2012
A search helicopter has found the body of a man in the Lake District.
A 63-year-old man was reported missing at 7.50pm yesterday after failing to return to his hotel following the Buttermere Fell Run.
Mountain rescue, search and rescue teams and the police searched the area until it got dark last night.
The search continued this morning when the body was found at 9.43am.
It has not been confirmed that this is the body of the missing man.
Formal identification will take place later today.
First published at 11:54, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police appeal for information after £3000 Barrow watch theft
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Crew deals with fishy fire in Barrow
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Ulverston mural attack is no laughing matter for Stan Laurel fans
- Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 Cumbria crash
- Health and transport plans could win seat
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot (1 comment)
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
Visit our websites for...
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|