Cumbria Northern Rail passengers advised 'don't travel'
Last updated at 08:59, Thursday, 13 February 2014
NORTHERN Rail has advised everyone 'not to travel' across the network this evening - as train services between Carnforth and Barrow and onto Millom and the Cumbria coast were affected by gale force winds.
At 8.50pm Northern Rail said on Twitter: "Our current advice for tonight is not to travel."
Earlier Transpennine Express cancelled all trains to Barrow, Windermere, Blackpool North, Edinburgh and Glasgow Central.
National Rail have said speed restrictions will be in place this evening on trains between Carnforth and Barrow and onto Millom and the rest of the Cumbria coast.
As a safety precaution speed restrictions were imposed on the following routes:
- Carnforth / Barrow-in-Furness and Carlisle (Cumbrian Coast)
- Lancaster - Windermere
- Carlisle - Preston
- Settle - Carlisle
- Preston - Blackpool North / Blackpool South
Passengers should expect journey times on these routes to be extended by up to 60 minutes.
- Check your journey at nationalrail.co.uk
First published at 13:32, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Dalton Christmas lights switch-on
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dream debut for Barrow boxer Liam Conroy (1 comment)
- Medics treat man for shock after Dalton house fire
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- Furness hang tough against Upper Eden: with picture gallery
Post 16 education
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|