Cumbria Northern Rail passengers advised 'don't travel'
Last updated at 08:59, Thursday, 13 February 2014
NORTHERN Rail has advised everyone 'not to travel' across the network this evening - as train services between Carnforth and Barrow and onto Millom and the Cumbria coast were affected by gale force winds.
At 8.50pm Northern Rail said on Twitter: "Our current advice for tonight is not to travel."
Earlier Transpennine Express cancelled all trains to Barrow, Windermere, Blackpool North, Edinburgh and Glasgow Central.
National Rail have said speed restrictions will be in place this evening on trains between Carnforth and Barrow and onto Millom and the rest of the Cumbria coast.
As a safety precaution speed restrictions were imposed on the following routes:
- Carnforth / Barrow-in-Furness and Carlisle (Cumbrian Coast)
- Lancaster - Windermere
- Carlisle - Preston
- Settle - Carlisle
- Preston - Blackpool North / Blackpool South
Passengers should expect journey times on these routes to be extended by up to 60 minutes.
- Check your journey at nationalrail.co.uk
First published at 13:32, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|