Cumbria Northern Rail passengers advised 'don't travel'
Last updated at 08:59, Thursday, 13 February 2014
NORTHERN Rail has advised everyone 'not to travel' across the network this evening - as train services between Carnforth and Barrow and onto Millom and the Cumbria coast were affected by gale force winds.
At 8.50pm Northern Rail said on Twitter: "Our current advice for tonight is not to travel."
Earlier Transpennine Express cancelled all trains to Barrow, Windermere, Blackpool North, Edinburgh and Glasgow Central.
National Rail have said speed restrictions will be in place this evening on trains between Carnforth and Barrow and onto Millom and the rest of the Cumbria coast.
As a safety precaution speed restrictions were imposed on the following routes:
- Carnforth / Barrow-in-Furness and Carlisle (Cumbrian Coast)
- Lancaster - Windermere
- Carlisle - Preston
- Settle - Carlisle
- Preston - Blackpool North / Blackpool South
Passengers should expect journey times on these routes to be extended by up to 60 minutes.
- Check your journey at nationalrail.co.uk
First published at 13:32, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (23 comments)
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|