St Luke’s Flower Show
Published at 15:03, Tuesday, 31 August 2010
A FLOWER show has been hailed a success despite bad weather affecting the number of entrants.
St Luke’s Flower Show took place on Saturday in St Luke’s Church in Roose Road, Barrow.
Chairman of the organising committee, Roy Spittle, said it was a successful event.
He said: “It went very well, considering the weather earlier in the week.
“Obviously it affected the quantity and quality of some of the stuff, but it was pleasing. Hopefully in the next couple of years the grow your own food stuff will have encouraged a few more people to come along.”
Mr Spittle said the show had taken months to prepare but was worth the effort.
He said: “It’s not just a five minute job but it’s always worth the effort to see stuff on the stands.
“I’d like to thank the exhibitors turning up and members of the committee for their hard work.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Supporters uphold Lancashire tradition (61 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|