St Luke’s Flower Show
Published at 15:03, Tuesday, 31 August 2010
A FLOWER show has been hailed a success despite bad weather affecting the number of entrants.
St Luke’s Flower Show took place on Saturday in St Luke’s Church in Roose Road, Barrow.
Chairman of the organising committee, Roy Spittle, said it was a successful event.
He said: “It went very well, considering the weather earlier in the week.
“Obviously it affected the quantity and quality of some of the stuff, but it was pleasing. Hopefully in the next couple of years the grow your own food stuff will have encouraged a few more people to come along.”
Mr Spittle said the show had taken months to prepare but was worth the effort.
He said: “It’s not just a five minute job but it’s always worth the effort to see stuff on the stands.
“I’d like to thank the exhibitors turning up and members of the committee for their hard work.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|