Projects prosper as grants awarded
Published at 16:32, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
FOOTBALL clubs, schools, a rescue team and a community centre are all set to benefit from a cash boost.
Cumbria County Council’s local committee for Barrow has given the go-ahead to allocate money from the local revenue scheme.
A new barrier is set to be installed at Vickerstown CCFC thanks to a £2,400 donation and £1,000 has been awarded to the Walney Wind Cheetahs running group.
The committee also gave £600 towards installing a street light on the alleyway between Dalton railway station and Hollygate Road.
Lindal and Marton School gymnastics club was given £560 to buy 20 new tracksuits, £200 will pay for re-pointing paving stones around the Jubilee fountain in Askam and £500 will allow Duddon Inshore Rescue to buy new equipment.
Chapel Street Infants School received £1,642 while £4,000 went towards new central heating at Griffin Community Centre and £200 was given to Ormsgill Nursery and Primary School.
Barrow Wanderers FC were awarded £1,000 for a children’s Christmas party and £700 was allocated for new car park signs at Roa Island.
Councillor Ray Guselli, chairman of the committee said: “The money we’re giving is aimed at helping these local schemes and groups to continue making a positive difference to the lives of people right across Barrow.
“We are delighted to be able to support these schemes and look forward to seeing them come to fruition.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|