Prepare for Dance Mania to wow the crowds
Published at 08:27, Friday, 09 September 2011
DANCE Mania will hit the stage for a two-night modern dance spectacular.
The Barrow-based dance group will perform their show, Encore!, at The Nines in Barrow on September 20 and 21.
The 90-minute extravaganza will feature more than 20 dances performed by 12 dancers aged between 17 and the late 20s.
The show has four major themes. They are “circus” with songs such as Circus by Britney Spears and Funhouse by Pink; “work” with songs such as Nine to Five by Dolly Parton and Work by Kelly Rowland; “freak” with numbers such as Mad House by Pink and ET by Katy Perry; and classics from the Rocky Horror Show.
The group has rehearsed twice a week for one year.
Choreographer Rachel Johnson said: “It’s probably quite different to a lot of dance shows you might see in the area because a lot of schools do tap.
“Our show from the start to the end is modern-type popular themes.”
Pete Thompson will be compere and SYFA singer Chris McGuire will be part of the show.
Tickets are available from The Nines or by calling Ms Johnson on 07738 785292.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|