Police charge local man with robbery in Barrow
Last updated at 10:22, Monday, 26 November 2012
POLICE have charged a man in connection with a knifepoint robbery at McDougall News and Food, Rawlinson Street, Barrow.
The incident happened on November 19 and police arrested an 18-year-old local man yesterday evening.
Thomas Richmond from Ramsden Street, Barrow, has been charged with robbery and appeared before magistrates this morning.
Richmond issued no plea at Furness Magistrates' Court and was remanded in custody. He is due to appear at Preston Crown Court on January 9 of next year.
Police have said they would like to thank the public for their assistance with this enquiry.
First published at 09:59, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|