Police charge local man with robbery in Barrow
Last updated at 10:22, Monday, 26 November 2012
POLICE have charged a man in connection with a knifepoint robbery at McDougall News and Food, Rawlinson Street, Barrow.
The incident happened on November 19 and police arrested an 18-year-old local man yesterday evening.
Thomas Richmond from Ramsden Street, Barrow, has been charged with robbery and appeared before magistrates this morning.
Richmond issued no plea at Furness Magistrates' Court and was remanded in custody. He is due to appear at Preston Crown Court on January 9 of next year.
Police have said they would like to thank the public for their assistance with this enquiry.
First published at 09:59, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|