Police charge local man with robbery in Barrow
Last updated at 10:22, Monday, 26 November 2012
POLICE have charged a man in connection with a knifepoint robbery at McDougall News and Food, Rawlinson Street, Barrow.
The incident happened on November 19 and police arrested an 18-year-old local man yesterday evening.
Thomas Richmond from Ramsden Street, Barrow, has been charged with robbery and appeared before magistrates this morning.
Richmond issued no plea at Furness Magistrates' Court and was remanded in custody. He is due to appear at Preston Crown Court on January 9 of next year.
Police have said they would like to thank the public for their assistance with this enquiry.
First published at 09:59, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Road blockade threat in Haverigg prison land turbines row (4 comments)
- Cumbria Police appeal for witnesses after cows damage car
- Ulverston climber survives 30ft fall (1 comment)
- ‘We will continue fight to put brakes on parking meter plan’ in Cumbria (4 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|