Police charge local man with robbery in Barrow
Last updated at 10:22, Monday, 26 November 2012
POLICE have charged a man in connection with a knifepoint robbery at McDougall News and Food, Rawlinson Street, Barrow.
The incident happened on November 19 and police arrested an 18-year-old local man yesterday evening.
Thomas Richmond from Ramsden Street, Barrow, has been charged with robbery and appeared before magistrates this morning.
Richmond issued no plea at Furness Magistrates' Court and was remanded in custody. He is due to appear at Preston Crown Court on January 9 of next year.
Police have said they would like to thank the public for their assistance with this enquiry.
First published at 09:59, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|