Imperial School of Dance presents ‘Dance Crazy’ at The Forum in Barrow
Published at 10:39, Thursday, 06 December 2012
TWISTS and shouts dazzled the audiences at sold-out dance shows at The Forum in Barrow.
The electrifying moves and soulful singing of the Imperial School of Dance’s ‘Dance Crazy’ left the crowds amazed on
Tuesday and Wednesday.
‘Dance Crazy’ was the first dance show in the history of the Barrow-based dance school where the dancers were also the choir. Pauline Barker, who founded the group 27 years ago, said: “The children did all the dancing and singing. It’s the first time we have done anything like that”.
The first half of the show burst on stage with the best of music from America, followed by the best of British music.
After the interval, songs from famous musicals, such as Clamity Jane, were performed by the 160-strong troupe, with members aged from two up to 40.
The show was a huge success, with an expected £1,000 being raised for Furness charities. Ms Barker said: “We always do our shows for charity. This year we are giving to Alice’s Escapes and the Hospital Equipment Fund for Furness.”
The dance group, who train for the carnival from January to July, had been rehearsing for this show since August.
Ms Barker added: “Their performances were absolutely brilliant. All the children loved the show.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|