Imperial School of Dance presents ‘Dance Crazy’ at The Forum in Barrow
Published at 10:39, Thursday, 06 December 2012
TWISTS and shouts dazzled the audiences at sold-out dance shows at The Forum in Barrow.
The electrifying moves and soulful singing of the Imperial School of Dance’s ‘Dance Crazy’ left the crowds amazed on
Tuesday and Wednesday.
‘Dance Crazy’ was the first dance show in the history of the Barrow-based dance school where the dancers were also the choir. Pauline Barker, who founded the group 27 years ago, said: “The children did all the dancing and singing. It’s the first time we have done anything like that”.
The first half of the show burst on stage with the best of music from America, followed by the best of British music.
After the interval, songs from famous musicals, such as Clamity Jane, were performed by the 160-strong troupe, with members aged from two up to 40.
The show was a huge success, with an expected £1,000 being raised for Furness charities. Ms Barker said: “We always do our shows for charity. This year we are giving to Alice’s Escapes and the Hospital Equipment Fund for Furness.”
The dance group, who train for the carnival from January to July, had been rehearsing for this show since August.
Ms Barker added: “Their performances were absolutely brilliant. All the children loved the show.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|