Imperial School of Dance presents ‘Dance Crazy’ at The Forum in Barrow
Published at 10:39, Thursday, 06 December 2012
TWISTS and shouts dazzled the audiences at sold-out dance shows at The Forum in Barrow.
The electrifying moves and soulful singing of the Imperial School of Dance’s ‘Dance Crazy’ left the crowds amazed on
Tuesday and Wednesday.
‘Dance Crazy’ was the first dance show in the history of the Barrow-based dance school where the dancers were also the choir. Pauline Barker, who founded the group 27 years ago, said: “The children did all the dancing and singing. It’s the first time we have done anything like that”.
The first half of the show burst on stage with the best of music from America, followed by the best of British music.
After the interval, songs from famous musicals, such as Clamity Jane, were performed by the 160-strong troupe, with members aged from two up to 40.
The show was a huge success, with an expected £1,000 being raised for Furness charities. Ms Barker said: “We always do our shows for charity. This year we are giving to Alice’s Escapes and the Hospital Equipment Fund for Furness.”
The dance group, who train for the carnival from January to July, had been rehearsing for this show since August.
Ms Barker added: “Their performances were absolutely brilliant. All the children loved the show.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid