Imperial School of Dance presents ‘Dance Crazy’ at The Forum in Barrow
Published at 10:39, Thursday, 06 December 2012
TWISTS and shouts dazzled the audiences at sold-out dance shows at The Forum in Barrow.
The electrifying moves and soulful singing of the Imperial School of Dance’s ‘Dance Crazy’ left the crowds amazed on
Tuesday and Wednesday.
‘Dance Crazy’ was the first dance show in the history of the Barrow-based dance school where the dancers were also the choir. Pauline Barker, who founded the group 27 years ago, said: “The children did all the dancing and singing. It’s the first time we have done anything like that”.
The first half of the show burst on stage with the best of music from America, followed by the best of British music.
After the interval, songs from famous musicals, such as Clamity Jane, were performed by the 160-strong troupe, with members aged from two up to 40.
The show was a huge success, with an expected £1,000 being raised for Furness charities. Ms Barker said: “We always do our shows for charity. This year we are giving to Alice’s Escapes and the Hospital Equipment Fund for Furness.”
The dance group, who train for the carnival from January to July, had been rehearsing for this show since August.
Ms Barker added: “Their performances were absolutely brilliant. All the children loved the show.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together