Former Barrow police officer sentenced for theft and fraud
Last updated at 16:18, Tuesday, 05 August 2014
A FORMER police officer has been given a suspended jail sentence after admitting theft and fraud.
Natalie Scott, 36, of Rampside, Barrow, was given the sentence at North Cumbria Magistrates' Court in Carlisle today.
She was on duty in uniform on May 15 when she pocketed a credit card belonging to her mother's partner and used it to pay for a holiday.
Scott - formerly a police constable in Barrow - was sentenced to eight weeks custody, to be suspended for a year. She must do 200 hours of unpaid work and pay £5,996 compensation and £85 court costs.
• For the full shocking story see tomorrow's Evening Mail
First published at 15:42, Tuesday, 05 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|