Diners enjoy gourmet experience on second night of Cumbria celebrity chef fundraiser
Last updated at 12:28, Tuesday, 10 February 2015
THE guests at a Cumbria fundraiser enjoyed the experience of a top London restaurant.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000 from the Lake District Farmers Armstrong Family Charitable Fund? Click here to apply
More than 100 hungry diners gathered at Clarence House in Dalton for the second night of the Lake District Farmers Armstrong Family Charitable Fund celebrity chefs event.
The theme of the evening was steak night with Cumbrian meat cooked to perfection by Phil Campbell, head chef at Goodman Mayfair.
The full Goodman experience was on offer throughout the evening.
Diners were given a presentation on the different cuts of meat available and the steaks were cooked without gas or electricity on a charcoal fired josper.
Campbell said: “To be honest this is the only charity dinner I’ve ever done.
“When I was approached last year to do it what I wanted to do was recreate the restaurant we have in London.
“So we do a lot of the theatre we show everyone the raw product before we serve it.
“I wanted to do something more than just serve some steaks, I wanted to bring a mini Goodman to Barrow."
All the money raised across the three events at Clarence House will go towards the Lake District Farmers Armstrong Family Charitable Fund.
The fund is a legacy of Barrow businessman Ray Armstrong, who lost his battle to cancer in April last year.
Through the fund, Lake District Farmers make regular donations of £1,000 to local charities.
Among the guests enjoying the steak night was Barrow and Furness MP John Woodcock.
He said: "This is such a wonderful tribute to Ray and everything that he did in his life and what he stood for."
The meat feast was the second meal Mr Campbell prepared on Saturday after he cooked up a roast rib lunch for residents and staff at Ostley House Home for the Blind in Abbey Road, Barrow.
The chefs event will conclude on Sunday night with a spectacular finale featuring the Galvin brothers and Angela Hartnett.
On Friday night, Michelin starred duo Simon Rogan and Brett Graham wowed guests with a six course taster menu.
For full coverage of Friday and Saturday night’s events, see Monday’s Evening Mail.
First published at 18:54, Saturday, 01 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business today
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|