Cabaret night held for popular Barrow Raiders player
Last updated at 15:51, Friday, 18 January 2013
BARROW Raiders player Mike Whitehead is celebrating his 12-month testimonial with the club, and last Friday the final fundraising event took place at Bar Five in Dalkeith Street.
A cabaret night, organised by local singer Pete Murphy, saw family, friends and fans enjoy a good old-fashioned sing-song, to raise money as a reward for his service to local rugby.
His dad, Dave, said: “Mike would like to thank everyone who supported the cabaret night and take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported, sponsored and assisted in the fundraising events throughout the year.
“Also, a massive thank you is due to Peter Murphy and all the entertainers who generously donated their time.”
First published at 15:47, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Send us your photos
1. Via Twitter Use hashtag #NWEMsocialpics
2. Via Facebook Message us or tag us in the photo. Our Facebook page is at facebook.com/northwesteveningmail
3. From your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
4. Use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
Email larger files directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The form . . .
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|