Barbecue prize proves popular at birthday party
Last updated at 08:29, Thursday, 30 August 2012
THE lucky winner of a barbecue in an Evening Mail competition fought off the rain to celebrate his wife’s sixtieth birthday on Saturday.
Robert Gates, of Mountbarrow Road, Ulverston, won the barbecue after entering two competitions in July, one by answering a simple question and the other by sending off coupons.
This was the first time the 60-year-old had won a prize after entering competitions regularly for years.
The prize was offered through partnership with the Evening Mail and Jacamo.
He said: “I was really surprised to win the competition. I do all the Evening Mail competitions and have never won before.”
Mr Gates put his prize to use for his wife’s birthday, joining friends and family for a celebration, with the help of a Gazebo to keep the barbecue out of the rain.
“We had friends and family round, it was a great day,” he said.
This summer has been a lucky one for Mr Gates, despite the weather, as just a couple of months previously, he won a desirable Hornby Locomotive through his membership of the Hornby Collectors Club.
First published at 16:06, Wednesday, 29 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Pirelli factory death probe ordered tougher safety measures
- See the full list of Cumbrian offences plus the latest H&S advice
- £1.7BN INVESTMENT IN CLEANING UP SELLAFIELD
- Cumbria sets up links with Chinese university
- BT to recruit engineers for Cumbrian superfast roll-out
- Stobart Group backing for jockey insurance scheme
- Carlisle's Northern Developments starts student housing build on old Tyne-Tees site
Coach, camping and festival tickets available
Book Now with only £45 deposit
Weston Park Staffs, 16-19 August
• Click here to order
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|
|Boosting Barrow and Furness|
|Love your life, Live your life||Community news pages - join the Facebook page for your town or village|