Motorists expected to face traffic delays on evening commute
Motorists in Furness are likely to be hit with delays as they make their way home from work tonight.
Resurfacing work on a stretch of Abbey Road is scheduled to last for two weeks from this morning.
While those travelling out of Barrow aren't expected to be affected, it could see delays for anyone going into town.
The 320m section between Victoria Avenue and Park Drive will see a signed diversion along Rating Lane/Hollow Lane and Bridgegate Avenue.
Roadworks on the A590 at the Lindal Dip are into their final week, with delays still expected in the area, while temporary traffic lights in Ulverston between Quebec Street and Swan Street are gradually being removed in place of narrow lanes.
Temporary traffic lights in Bridge Road, Barrow, have been installed to allow new power cables to be laid connecting the new Central Yard Facility to the grid.
Traffic travelling towards Walney the road has been reduced to one lane outside Tesco.
Ten things to do in a traffic jam:
1) In a bad jam, turning off your engine will help save on fuel.
2) Perhaps use the time productively to catch up on some work.
3) Keep the a newspaper handy, it doesn't need a signal to work.
4) Chill out and think simple, relaxing thoughts. It will be over before you know it.
5) If you have company, eye spy is a sure fire way to entertain yourself.
6) Radio surf - and find your favourite song. It's amazing how a verse of Club Tropicana can lift the spirits.
7) Count how much you have amassed in change in your cup holders. You may be surprised.
8) If you have a digital music player, set it to random.
The only rule is you must listen to whatever track is selected.
9) Strike up a conversation with the person in the car next to you! (Pretend you know them and start by saying: “I haven’t seen you ages!”)
10) Stare up at the sky with purpose (as if a UFO was landing) and see how many people you can get doing the same.