Fire warning after chip pan fires

SHARE THIS STORY
Warning: Cumbrian firefighters were called out to two chip pan fires in as many days
Warning: Cumbrian firefighters were called out to two chip pan fires in as many days
2 October 2017 6:37PM

CUMBRIAN Fire and Rescue Service has warned of the dangers of chip pans after attending two fires in as many days in the county last week.

Area manager John McVay said: "We all know proper chips taste great, but chip pans can be very hazardous and leaving a chip pan unattended for any length of time can have disastrous results as the oil can easily overheat and ignite in a matter of moments."

"Oven chips are a safer and healthier way to enjoy your favourite meal, alternatively consider investing in a temperature controlled deep-fat fryer or pop out to your local chippie.

"But if you do choose to deep fat fry please don’t leave the pan unattended. If your pan does catch light, do not throw water over it – get out, stay out and call 999.

"Make sure you cook safely and know what to do if your chip pan catches fire."

Comment on this article

Generate a new code
Comments not OK? Click here to let us know
Read this..
Featured articles