Published at 14:46, Tuesday, 19 August 2014
CAVENDISH Nuclear and construction group Balfour Beatty will share the new project to construct the long planned Silos Maintenance facility at Sellafield.
The SMF has been planned for the past three years, and the two companies will work on construction, installation, setting to work and inactive safety commissioning.
Sellafield Ltd project manager Kevin Bell said: “It is now three years since the first phase of the contract strategy commenced with the joint venture, and we are delighted to be moving into phase three.
“The project has overcome a number of challenges along the way, but through a collaborative approach we have maintained the aggressive schedule that was set.”
The completed SMF will retrieve historic waste from the Magnox Swarf Storage Silos and the Pile Fuel Cladding Silo.
Balfour Beatty will take 45 per cent of the project work, while Cavendish Nuclear take the rest.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|