Cumbria man is focused on new direction
Last updated at 12:49, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
HIGH quality promotional films can help boost business, according to a Cumbrian film maker.
David Brown, of Brown Films, is a documentary maker, lighting camera man and short film producer.
He started his career working with Carlisle-based firm TVL producing corporate videos, before taking the plunge into freelance camera work in 1996.
Mr Brown has since worked across almost every avenue in broadcasting, from Hollyoaks and Brookside to sitcoms and documentaries for the likes of Discovery Channel and National Geographic.
Along with his film-making experience he is now looking to turn his expertise towards Cumbrian businesses to help produce high-quality, affordable films to show off the best of their business.
Despite not having a business background Mr Brown has received expert advice from Britain’s Energy Coast’s Backing Business campaign.
The 47-year-old said: “In conjunction with my broadcast work I want to develop a business closer to home, I want to provide web promos, ads and training films.
“These would be bespoke films at affordable prices at a very high standard.
“I believe advertising is all about presentation, image and quality.
“If a company wants to promote their business, whether it be itself, a skill or a specific product, a bespoke film showing off its qualities with supporting voiceover and text will have a much higher impact which will lead to better sales.”
The campaign has coached Mr Brown through the best ways to market his business, as well as helping him to identify achievable aims.
The scheme provides support with everything from a business plan to web design and marketing.
He added: “Having contacted them (Britain’s Energy Coast Backing Business scheme), they very quickly arranged a visit for me with a business consultant Andy Barnard, who has been very positive from the outset.
“He came to my premises and we had an in-depth chat about my career and what I could offer to the local business community.
“Andy helped with my business proposal and what my approach should be, he helped with marketing ideas and marketing tools and any possible grants that may be available he helped with my cash flow projections and helped in pinpointing sales, in essence the business end of a creative business.
“It is a lot of common sense but it is helpful to have your thoughts reaffirmed and have different ideas put forward, and by writing down objectives it gives you a concrete plan of action.”
First published at 15:54, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together