Allerdale companies set 2013 goals
Last updated at 12:53, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
MORE than 40 businesses from Allerdale celebrated networking and connection building at an event with tips and advice for success in the New Year.
New Year Resolutions for Business Success, held at Saints Rooms, Cockermouth, saw local businesses meet with web designers and product developers.
It was one in the series of Allerdale Business Connections events run by Britain’s Energy Coast and funded by Allerdale council.
Catherine Eve, of Core Training, was on-hand to encourage firms to interact and reach for their goals.
Shelly Gambles, of Britain’s Energy Coast, said: “There were products and goal setting sessions which made the event great for everyone to participate in.
“It’s certainly given food for thought and will help shape events in 2013.”
Maria Ross, of Maryport confectioners Judy Bakes, said: “This was a great opportunity to meet potential new customers and to test new concepts.
“As small businesses we are all facing the same sorts of issues; sharing ideas, problems and plans with a group of like-minded people is very helpful and I look forward to more opportunities like this.”
Allerdale Business Connections kick-started the New Year with a meeting in Wigton Market Hall on January 31, where Michelle Masters led a session on marketing tips.
First published at 13:41, Sunday, 03 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|