Allerdale companies set 2013 goals
Last updated at 12:53, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
MORE than 40 businesses from Allerdale celebrated networking and connection building at an event with tips and advice for success in the New Year.
New Year Resolutions for Business Success, held at Saints Rooms, Cockermouth, saw local businesses meet with web designers and product developers.
It was one in the series of Allerdale Business Connections events run by Britain’s Energy Coast and funded by Allerdale council.
Catherine Eve, of Core Training, was on-hand to encourage firms to interact and reach for their goals.
Shelly Gambles, of Britain’s Energy Coast, said: “There were products and goal setting sessions which made the event great for everyone to participate in.
“It’s certainly given food for thought and will help shape events in 2013.”
Maria Ross, of Maryport confectioners Judy Bakes, said: “This was a great opportunity to meet potential new customers and to test new concepts.
“As small businesses we are all facing the same sorts of issues; sharing ideas, problems and plans with a group of like-minded people is very helpful and I look forward to more opportunities like this.”
Allerdale Business Connections kick-started the New Year with a meeting in Wigton Market Hall on January 31, where Michelle Masters led a session on marketing tips.
First published at 13:41, Sunday, 03 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- UPDATE: Man named as Windermere murder investigation continues
- Police investigating fail to stop road traffic collision in Barrow
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- Barrow teen hid bat in his shorts while on plant food
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal
- Sacrifices may be needed to save Cumbria maternity services
- Cumbria bus strike threat looms if talks over working hours fail
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- Barrow woman attacked husband after cider-drinking binge
- Barrow karate kid is magic on the mat: WITH PICTURE GALLERY
- Junior girls football league seeking to build on strong campaign
- Barrow ASC earn Diddy League title
- Cents bid to end their final hoodoo
- Furness ace Natasha scores hole-in-one
- Dalton chef Dave serves up a golfing treat
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|