Allerdale companies set 2013 goals
Last updated at 12:53, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
MORE than 40 businesses from Allerdale celebrated networking and connection building at an event with tips and advice for success in the New Year.
New Year Resolutions for Business Success, held at Saints Rooms, Cockermouth, saw local businesses meet with web designers and product developers.
It was one in the series of Allerdale Business Connections events run by Britain’s Energy Coast and funded by Allerdale council.
Catherine Eve, of Core Training, was on-hand to encourage firms to interact and reach for their goals.
Shelly Gambles, of Britain’s Energy Coast, said: “There were products and goal setting sessions which made the event great for everyone to participate in.
“It’s certainly given food for thought and will help shape events in 2013.”
Maria Ross, of Maryport confectioners Judy Bakes, said: “This was a great opportunity to meet potential new customers and to test new concepts.
“As small businesses we are all facing the same sorts of issues; sharing ideas, problems and plans with a group of like-minded people is very helpful and I look forward to more opportunities like this.”
Allerdale Business Connections kick-started the New Year with a meeting in Wigton Market Hall on January 31, where Michelle Masters led a session on marketing tips.
First published at 13:41, Sunday, 03 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|