Superb survival a testament to yard's skills
Last updated at 13:23, Monday, 02 June 2008
OUR son is a member of the crew of HMS Superb and was serving on board the submarine when she was involved in an incident in the Red Sea earlier this week.
We would like to place on record our gratitude to the excellent family outreach undertaken by the Royal Navy and the MOD following the incident. We received immediate calm and reassuring advice from expert personnel who ensured that all of our questions that could be answered were.
We would especially like to offer our heartfelt thanks to the men and women who built HMS Superb and those who continue to work on submarines in the yard.
We dare not imagine the consequences had the submarine’s hull failed on the impact, and it is a testament to the skill, expertise, dedication and craftsmanship of those workers that it did not, and that the crew will come home.
Whatever the cause of the incident, the crew are determined to bring the “old girl” home.
After all, she looked after them when they most needed it and she was able to because she was built so well; and to those who did that, we will always be grateful.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
First published at 11:59, Monday, 02 June 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- Enjoy the sun: Best beaches in south Cumbria (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|