Superb survival a testament to yard's skills
Last updated at 13:23, Monday, 02 June 2008
OUR son is a member of the crew of HMS Superb and was serving on board the submarine when she was involved in an incident in the Red Sea earlier this week.
We would like to place on record our gratitude to the excellent family outreach undertaken by the Royal Navy and the MOD following the incident. We received immediate calm and reassuring advice from expert personnel who ensured that all of our questions that could be answered were.
We would especially like to offer our heartfelt thanks to the men and women who built HMS Superb and those who continue to work on submarines in the yard.
We dare not imagine the consequences had the submarine’s hull failed on the impact, and it is a testament to the skill, expertise, dedication and craftsmanship of those workers that it did not, and that the crew will come home.
Whatever the cause of the incident, the crew are determined to bring the “old girl” home.
After all, she looked after them when they most needed it and she was able to because she was built so well; and to those who did that, we will always be grateful.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
First published at 11:59, Monday, 02 June 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|